The sleep products market is filled with exciting new technology and innovation – from body pillows, neck pillows to different types of mattresses. There was a time when most people purchased mattresses based on just the type of material within it. The four basic types of mattresses that are available in the market, and one had to choose from are latex vs. coir vs. foam vs. spring mattress. But, today just selecting the material is not enough, there are new technologies, and scientific facts that enhance the effect of these latex, spring, coir, and foam mattress. Thus, instead of comparing the different types of mattresses, it is vital to understand the benefits of each kind of these mattresses and to determine if they will be a good fit for you.
Spring mattress contains pocketed springs across its perimeter and each one of these works independently. They offer varied support depending on the pressure and the movement on the bed. They reduce the transfer of motion across the mattress and allow the person to have an undisturbed sleep.
- Those who share a bed with a partner or a child who tosses and turns.
- Those who need proper back support to alleviate back pain.
- Those living in a humid place as springs help with air circulation and keep the mattress cool and fresh.
- Those who need a long-lasting and durable mattress.
Foam mattresses are the most versatile mattresses out there that offer multiple benefits to users. These mattresses come in different ranges depending on the kind and the density of foam used in them. These offer excellent support for the body irrespective of the sleeping style and condition.
- Those who want a soft mattress that will align according to the shape of their body and offer optimum pressure relief.
- Those looking for stress-free deep sleep without compromising on the support to the body.
- Those looking for temperature-sensitive mattresses that will be soft in warm temperature and hard in cool weather for maximum support.
The coir foam mattress is made of coconut coir fiber and undergo a latex solution treatment. Thus, such mattresses are not just breathable but also resilient. Since the material is completely natural, it absorbs moisture and provides proper ventilation. You can also buy coir and foam mattress that combine the benefits of both materials.
- Those looking for dense and firm mattresses as the coir layers are quite thick.
- Those who want good spine support and proper alignment.
- Those who want non-sagging mattresses that will stay firm for much longer periods.
- Those who are looking for environment-friendly mattress options.
Latex is a natural product and is ideal for those looking for environment-friendly mattress options. It is perfect for infants, pregnant women, and seniors who might be sensitive to other mattress materials.
- Those looking for a mattress made of natural materials to sleep on.
- Those looking for a natural and ventilated sleeping mattress.
- Those looking for proper body support along with a plush feel.
So, the next time you want to buy a mattress, do not just compare coir mattress vs. foam mattress vs. latex mattress or any other. Instead, determine what you need the mattress for and the benefits that you are looking to gain from it.
Everyone has their specific requirements when it comes to mattresses. This does not mean that someone is right and someone is wrong. You can choose between materials, which you feel are the best for you. Likewise, in terms of mattress sizes, different people have different preferences. If you wish to know how mattress size is a factor in your comfort, you can learn more here.